We have some changes to services:
- waste services: garden waste and bulky waste collections suspended, household waste recycling centres closed
- school closures closed until further notice, except for children of key workers and vulnerable children
- Free School Meals: some schools are providing Free School Meal vouchers
If you need help using our services or need access to a computer to contact us, you can visit the Citizen Service Point.
From 18 March 2020 the Citizen Service Point (CSP) will only be handling emergency cases until further notice.
The decision has been taken to promote social distancing and to ensure some protection for frontline staff who serve hundreds of citizens on a daily basis. Services which will temporarily be unavailable in the CSP are all available either online or by telephone.
Essential services that will continue:
- Local Crisis Prevention Fund
- homelessness: if citizens are not homeless on the day a triage can be undertaken on the phone
- antisocial behaviour (severe cases)
- keys for end of tenancy
- licencing will be provided by licensing service but will be limited
- scan coin machines for payments
- self-serve computers will be available (spaced out)
Non-essential services that will not be available at the CSP for a short period:
- assistance to complete Home Choice Bristol forms – (online or phone)
- assistance on other application forms (Housing Benefit, Council Tax etc.) – (online support available by phone)
- providing supporting documents for applications – (online)
- EU Settlement applications – (online or a rearranged appointment at a later date)
- Travel Card and Blue Badges – (online or phone)
- notifying tenancy changes – (online)
- Council Tax Reduction – (online or phone)
- Universal Credit (except in an emergency) – can contact DWP and CAB for advice
- applying for white goods – (online or phone)
Many people find what they need online. You can:
- Pay your rent
- Pay bills, fines and invoices
- Check your rent balance
- Claim Council Tax Reduction
- Claim Housing Benefit
- Upload evidence for a benefit claim
The Citizen Service Point has computers that you can use to get council services.
You can also get advice from staff in person. If we think you’ll need more help, we’ll book a one to one appointment for you.
100 Temple Street, Bristol, BS1 6AG Opening hours
|Monday||9am to 5pm|
|Tuesday||9am to 5pm|
|Wednesday||10am to 5pm|
|Thursday||9am to 5pm|
|Friday||9am to 5pm|
- public events have been cancelled until at least the end of July
- libraries closed until 1 May 2020. During this time, we’re not able to accept returned books. Please do not leave them on the doorstep as they could be stolen or damaged with no one there to collect them
- museums closed until1 May 2020. All events are cancelled until 31 May 2020. Enquiries service at Bristol Archives will still continue.
- register office
- funeral services: call 0117 9038280 / 0117 9038330 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- leisure centres closed until further notice
- parks: a number of facilities and other services in the parks have been closed until further notice:
- Blaise Nursery retail outlet
- Bristol City Council run park cafes and kiosks at Ashton Court, Blaise Estate, Oldbury Court Estate, Canford Park, St George Park and Hengrove Play Park
- toilets on all sites
- Hengrove Play Park play equipment
- Cabot Tower
- all parks car park: Ashton Court Estate, Blaise Estate, Oldbury Court Estate, Snuff Mills, Eastville Park, Redcatch Park and Netham Park
- St Andrews Park paddling pool
- Netham pavilion
- Ashton Court miniature railway
- bowling greens as well as removal of goalposts and ‘last man standing’ cricket
- the golf hub at Ashton Court
- children’s play areas in parks
- wheels parks and multi-use games areas
- park shelters
- sport facilities for formal or informal sports
Don’t go to a park if you have symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19). Stay at home and self-isolate.
- St Nicholas Markets: closed until further notice
- Bidding on Bristol Council property is suspended
Local council, Mayoral and Police and Crime Commissioner elections due to take place in May 2020 have been postponed for a year.
Call Bristol Care Direct on 0117 922 2700 if your Personal Assistant can’t support you or meet your care needs due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) and you don’t have any other support network which means you have no care today or tonight.
Wecil and People Plus will continue to administer payroll by usual email or telephone
People Plus 0330 123 2815
Wecil 01179 479 933