The editorial collective of Critical Social Policy invites contributions, from activists all over the world, about how you, your group or your campaign is working to end social injustice. We are open to contributions in any format. We hope to be as inclusive and supportive as possible and we will do our very best to help you to develop your ideas and contribution every step of the way.
Critical Social Policy is a journal grounded in international socialist, feminist, anti-racist and radical perspectives. This edition of the journal is about the lived experience of struggles for social justice locally, nationally and internationally.
Here are some issues that contributions could explore and we welcome other ideas that you may have:
- Tensions faced by grassroots, community, activist groups and how these are negotiated.
- Collective mobilizations, bridge building, connections and alliances.
- Coping with challenges in sustaining grassroots action for liberation.
- Challenges of building sustainable infrastructures, strategic positioning and the embedding of empowerment work.
- The negotiation of power relationships.
- Organising, campaigning and developing services in a collective and non-hierarchal way
- The complexity of relating across difference as equals.
- How activism can be inclusive.
- How we sustain our hope, energy, love and compassion for each other and for our social movements and goals through times of exhaustion and despair.
- In the context of power, the complexities of finding and holding onto emotional, financial and spiritual resources.
- How activism and struggles relate to and draw strength from historical knowledge and collective understanding.
If you want to contribute to this edition please email a one page summary of your idea by 31st December 2018 to the journal coordinator Suryia Nayak. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The editorial collective of Critical Social Policy will review the summaries to decide which contributions are accepted to work with us to develop their full contribution for submission in the Activist Edition of the journal. You will hear back from us by 28th February 2019.
If you would like to discuss your ideas informally before submitting a summary please contact the journal coordinator Suryia Nayak. Email: email@example.com.
The final contributions should be submitted by 1st June 2019 and will be reviewed by the editorial collective prior to decision on publication.