Involvement opportunity – CAPC Patient and Public Involvement and Engagement (PPI&E) members needed in Bristol
Primary Care is healthcare in the community – everything from GPs to Pharmacists, Optometrists to Dentists. The Centre for Academic Primary Care (CAPC) aim to gather evidence to help decide what will make primary care better for everyone.
Since their goal is improving care for everyone, it’s best that everyone is involved.
How to get involved
You can get involved in the research in a number of ways:
- help select research that is important and relevant
- help researchers design their projects
- help develop understandable information sheets for people taking part in research
- join a research management or advisory group
- help interpret the results of the research
- help make sure the research is reported in understandable ways
- help make sure good research is heard about.
People with an interest in healthcare research, public involvement in research. CAPC are looking for people who are passionate about involving patients, carers and the public in primary care research (the first port of call in the healthcare system – for most people a GP).
Experience of a similar role is not needed and any necessary training will be given.
Meetings are held either at CAPC (local travel is reimbursed) or somewhere which is convenient for you.
CAPC PPI&E contributors are paid £15-20 per hour depending on the tasks required, plus £15 for pre-meeting preparation or paperwork between meetings.
Please contact the CAPC PPI&E coordinators, Victoria Wilson and Julie Clayton firstname.lastname@example.org 0117 331 4555 University of Bristol, Centre for Academic Primary Care, Canynge Hall, Whatley Road, Clifton, Bristol, BS8 2PS