Did you know that, if you have received a letter from the NHS advising you to ‘shield’ (stay indoors for 12 weeks) you still have to register for support?

If you haven’t registered, and do need some support, register online here: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus-extremely-vulnerable or by calling 0800 0288327, as soon as you can.

If you have registered but haven’t received a call from Bristol City Council, do you need emergency food? 

If you do, email (or ask someone to email on your behalf explaining you need telephone calls only): coronavirus@bristol.gov.uk , marking the subject heading as URGENT. 

That way they can then contact you directly to assess your needs. As of next week there will be a phone line to call as well.

Have registered but do not need emergency food?

If so, please call the Government on 0800 0288327 to check if your registration happened correctly.


This advice is only for those people who have been written to by the NHS advising them they are at high risk of complications if they get the coronavirus, and to stay home for 12 weeks.

If you haven’t received a letter like this from the NHS but need support go to: https://candobristol.co.uk/ where you can find people happy to help you as a volunteer.      

Please follow us on social media

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.