Self-isolating Support Payment Scheme

Following the changes to the rules about  self-isolating on Monday 16 August, under 18s and those who are double vaccinated no longer have to self-isolate if they have been in close contact with someone who has (or thinks they may have) COVID-19. 

You should still self-isolate straight away and get a PCR test (a test that is sent to the lab) as soon as possible if you have any symptoms of COVID-19.

You also have to self-isolate if you’ve tested positive for COVID-19. 

If you do have to self-isolate and are on a low income you can still apply for a NHS Test and Trace Support Payment.

To get a payment you must –

  1. Be in low paid employment or self-employment,
  2. Have a job you cannot do from home, and
  3. Will lose income because you are self-isolating.

You must also be getting at least one of these benefits –

  1. Universal Credit,
  2. Working Tax Credit,
  3. Income Related Employment and Support Allowance,
  4. Income Based Jobseeker’s Allowance,
  5. Income Support,
  6. Housing Benefit, 
  7. Pension Credit.

This scheme will give people on a low income whose wages are reduced because they have to  self-isolate up to £500.

If you do not qualify but would like to know more about other support available, you can:

  1. see Bristol City Council’s Get help page,
  2. call 0800 694 0184, 8.30am to 6pm, Monday to Friday.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *