Updates to Test and Trace support payments

Image of a white face mask lying on a pale blue background.

Are you on a low income or self-employed?  

If so, you may be able to apply for a £500 grant if you have lost income because you have had to self-isolate because of having COVID-19.  You must be in low-paid employment or self-employment and unable to work from home.
You can now also apply for the grant if you are caring for a child who is self-isolating.
To get a Test and Trace Support Payment you must either:

Have been told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace team or the COVID-19 app.

Be looking after a child under 16 years of age who usually attends an educational or childcare setting but is self-isolating on or after 8 March 2021.

Be looking after someone under 26 years of age with an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) who usually attends a nursery, school, college or university but not going because they are self-isolating on or after 8 March 2021.

You must also be receiving one of the following:

Universal Credit,

Working Tax Credit,

income-based Employment and Support Allowance,

 income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance,

Income Support,

Housing Benefit, and/or Pension Credit.

If you don’t receive one of the benefits, you may still be able to get payments if you meet all other criteria.

Find out more about Test and Trace Support Payments on the council’s website.

Census officers visiting households

As of Monday 22 March, census officers are out visiting those households that did not respond to the national survey.  They will encourage you to complete the form and give you help if needed.
All field census officers will be carrying official identification cards.  The card will have a photograph and the officer’s name.  Officers will work in a socially distanced way; they will all be wearing PPE, will not enter anyone’s home and will not visit before 9am or after 8pm.

Anyone concerned that the person on their doorstep is not a census officer can call the number on the critical workers letter that the officer can show them.  You can also ring the contact centre for further advice on 0800 141 2021. 

For more information on how to complete the census go to www.census.gov.uk

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *